Australian Prison Foundation
0 comments | Share your experience
Why do we exist ?
The Australian Prison Foundation is a non profit organisation dedicated to providing assistance to those touched by prisons in Australia. We are interested in the following areas:
- supporting and assisting research into Australian prisons
- providing information and support to prisoners, prisoners families, and people working in the corrections field
- forming partnerships of support with other prison groups
What do we do ?
We seek to create:
- a database of prison support organisations and individuals
- a library and website of research and information
- links between communities and prisons
What opportunities do we have for young people ?
Young people can learn about prison issues from our website and participate in raising awareness about prison issues in Australia.
Membership to our organisation is also available to young people. Plus we have competitions to enter and campaigns that everyone can be involved with!